Saturday, December 04, 2010

Voyage of the Dawn Treader - Day 3 of Photo Memories


When the facebook thing about cartoon profile pics started (to prevent childhood violence, which i hope was true and that i really helped) i actually had a hard time picking a picture, the first cartoon i picked was fushigi yuugi (curious play) which i watched when i was already in high school and recently i finally settled on a cartoon i watched as a kid.

When I explained my first choice for a cartoon profile pic to my dad, he said it's probably 'cause my childhood was spent reading books instead of watching tv, yes the closet nerd in me. And just a few hours ago, i watched a big part of my childhood come to life on screen, Narnia's The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, my favorite book ever as a child, probably even until now.

As a kid, i would hide in my closet wishing i'd end up in narnia or stare at paintings with weird boats even if i couldn't swim. It was an escape for me when i felt scared or sad. Growing up and rereading all 7 chronicles of Narnia, i remember what Aslan said to Lucy and Edmund when they left Narnia, that he was called many names and that in our world they had to get to know him too.

I think I know my Aslan, which ended my hiding in closets and staring at paintings. So when i get scared, sad and i feel like escaping, i take my rest in the "Aslan" of our world. I still read the Voyage of the Dawn Treader from time to time and it still makes me happy. And even if the movie was not close to how i imagined that adventure in my head, i still loved every single moment of it. The dufflepods, Coriakin, Ramandu's island, and Eustace. It was like I met with my childhood friends again :)

Anyway, Day 3 - A photo that makes me happy :)




No comments:

Today's Daily Reminder

After more than a year from residency, and one year in corporate research and almost 1 year into regular clinics, I still have numerous...